Paint your own rainbow and be the White one in Dark ^_^

Monday 15 April 2013

Dad- the real hero

There is a world we are all aware of and yet we choose to be blind. Its the story of nearly every household.  There are regular news flash about rapes, molestations, eve teasing, abortion of girl child, throwing away little girl child in garbage, lakes etc. The government and the police take action for those victims who come in their notice. But do we ever think where is the root cause for each of these injustice to women.

We say home is our first learning center where we learn our basic etiquette's, manners and principles. And so the house with disrespect for women is the root cause A man when stands for his mother, wife, daughter, sister becomes the real man. And so I say my father Mr.Ranjit Mandal is a real hero to me and our whole family. There are so many things, few of them are listed below:

1.When he was 18 year's old:
Indian families have a tradition of believing and trusting  "Pandits" and "Kul Gurus". But less do we know that maximum of these people are fake and play with the sentiments and emotions of poor innocent people. When my father was 18, a famous "pandit" came and he was being showered with love, care, food and respect. Less did my grandfather knew that this man was a greedy monster. He asked for gold before leaving but being a poor family we owned no treasures as such. My grandfather tried explaining him about the economic status of the family, but a greedy man knows only how to fulfill his wishes. He asked for the only gold ornament wore by my grandmother "mangalsutra" (sacred thread of love and goodwill worn by women as a symbol of their marriage). Followed my father got furious and got him out of the place immediately. He stood for his mother against the false beliefs.

2. For both his daughters:
We are two sisters with no brother. Indian community still sees the need of a male child as a symbol to pass on their generation name. When I was born(second child), it was a huge disappointment to our rest of the family but my dad stood strong and held me with extreme pride. He makes sure that both his daughters stand n the society head held high.

So my real hero, the solider is my dad who has throughout stood for all the women in his life and am so proud of him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love ^_^