Paint your own rainbow and be the White one in Dark ^_^

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Happiness in Miseries.........




Saturday morning has been my favorite only if the next Monday was a holiday. Ever since I have been to this place, holidays became more valuable than chocolates. Monday holiday means I can take a break on saturday, go back home and breath in freedom. There's another exquisite reason, I got to win another battle against our Dean(he has this syndrome named "whatever happens I wont sign on your application form to go home"). Otherwise I needed a break from saturdays, food sucks over here especially on this day. Its the day when i miss mom the most.Life in college campus is not only tiring but also very robotic. Life was stuck into useless battles sometimes for marks, uncleaned plates, attendance, party treat and every kind of not so meaning full stuffs. 

Exams, holidays, classes, last moment assignments, presentations and continuous bitching( girls are born bitches) was all i had to deal with. We have all heard "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" but for my case it was "An ice-cream a day, keeps the psychologist away". Ice-cream was the only thing that kept me going on. Eventually ice-cream too lost its magic and i was left alone with my frustration.Now the only thing kept me going was the bus which took me home, to my city where even the air seemed to be fresh and lively.I was completely drenched into my thoughts sitting on the window seat. 'I have to do something in life' i kept on and on when someone's voice broke into my fantasy world."Paise toh de diye saheb" (I already gave the money sir) a little boy was starring at the bus conductor. 

There were few rolled mats kept on the path and he stood right above guarding them. He was merely of 12-13 years old shinning with confidence in his worn out shirt and trousers.He looked here and there, finally starring at a father who was playing with his daughter and making her laugh. Out of curiosity i asked him where was he heading for. "Akleshwar" that's all he said and looked away. Maybe he got scared from the way i suddenly asked him. I tried again "Why are you going there alone?". This time he replied with proper details "My uncle lives there, I'm going to his place to deliver these mats" pointing towards the mats. This time it was me who looked away because i didn't want to scare him anymore with my anxiety.The girl sitting next to me got down and i offered the little kid to sit down. He hesitated but seeing the crowd, he sat down. We became friends in no-time. He told me that he his father and elder brother got killed in a car accident three years back. From then he and his mother were taking care of the family. He has two little sisters who are studying in the local school."Why don't you go to school? Don't want to study, ehh?" i asked"Mother is over-loaded, I don't want to increase the burden. And am a guy, i can do anything".His mother weaves mats for a local supplier. After the order is being delivered, she weaves more mats out of the left over material and he delivers those extra mats to his uncle. They were repaying the debt left with his uncle. He also told me how badly he wants to own a shop like the bombay-deing and be a big buisness man when he grows up. He himself works part time in a clothes shop to offer water and tea during his sisters school time, rest of time he takes care of his family . 

He had a constant smile and spark while narrating me his story.While listening to him, I realized how lucky I was. Hearing him I got over all my frustration. Even though his life was miserable, he was confident to get over it happily one day. He no-more appeared to me like a 11 year old kid. He was more mature, grown up and a lot more happier than i am in his pathetic life. Life has slapped him down into a black hole, but he hasn't yet given up the hope to come out of it. I didn't even realize when the 4 hour trip got over chatting and laughing with him. For sure we became best stranger friends.The bus haults in Ankleshwar for 20 mins. He got down, waved me bye smiling and started walking away carrying all his mats.I saw my mom standing on the balcony when i got down from the auto. I shouted,"Surprise!!! i got something for you."

And she loved the mat i gifted her. Just when the kid was walking away i got down and bought a mat. He returned me my spark today and also made my mother happy by choosing the best mat out of all. I am eagerly waiting to meet him again so that i can thank him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love ^_^